Confidential certificates of birth, death and marriages that were issued in the Town of Lloyd are filed in the Town Clerk’s Office.
Certified copy fees:
- Marriage certificates $10
- Birth certificates $10
- Death certificates $10
County/Town taxes collected from January 1st through June 1st of each year. Taxes are penalty free through January 31st. An additional 1% penalty is added each month on the unpaid tax bill after January 31st . These taxes may be mailed or paid at this office. After June 1st, all unpaid taxes are returned to the Ulster County Treasurer (845.340.3431) and thereafter must be paid to the Treasurer.
School Taxes are collected by the School District in which the property is located. Payment information is located on the back of the school tax bill.
- Highland School District: 845. 691.1054
- New Paltz School District 845. 256.4017
Water and Sewer Rents:
Water and Sewer Rent payments may be made at the Town Clerk’s Office during regular office hours or mailed to the office. These bills are mailed quarterly. Unpaid water and sewer bills are re-levied on or about November 1st onto the January County and Town Tax bill.
- Wedding Couple must apply together in person.
- Photo ID is required (driver’s license, passport or other ID card).
- Social Security number.
- Bring birth certificates.
- If divorced, the signed divorce decree must be shown to the Town Clerk. The dates and location where filed of any additional divorces must be listed.
- If widowed, the death certificate is required.
- Marriage license becomes valid after 24 hours. It must be used within 60 days.
- The license may only be used for New York State ceremonies.
The license fee is $40.00 cash, check or credit card (please see credit card guidelines)
Please call in advance 845-691-8011 to schedule appointment.
All hunting and fishing licenses are issued through the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation computer program.
To receive a license you must have
- A photo ID (driver’s license, passport or other ID card).
- Proof of completion of a Hunter Safety Training course or previous license to obtain a hunting license.
- A previously issued hunting license will also provide identification numbers.
The license fees vary. Please see the DEC website for more information. www.dec.ny.gov
All dogs residing in New York State must be licensed. A license tag will be furnished and must be worn by the dog at all times.
A new dog license requires a rabies certificate and proof of spaying or neutering if applicable.
A dog license is valid for one year from the date of issuance. The Town Clerk's Office will automatically send a renewal form. The license may be renewed by mail or in person at this office with payment and proof of current rabies inoculation.
The Town of Lloyd Code allows only two dogs per parcel.
- Neutered or spayed dogs $5.00
- Unneutered or unspayed dogs $ 12.00
- Replacement tags $5.00
Rabies Clinics are available; please contact this office for dates, locations and fees. Leash laws and pooper-scooper laws are in effect and enforced in the Town of Lloyd.
Games of Chance/Bingo:
Games of Chance identification number must be obtained from the Department of Racing and Wagering.
Licenses for Bingo, Bell Jar and Games of Chance are issued from this office.
Expire March 31, each year.
Permits are on sale as of March 1st each year at the Town Clerk’s Office during regular business hours and by mail. Name, address, vehicle make and license plate number are required.
- Residence fee: $35.00 effective 1/21/15
- Residents over sixty two years of age fee: $15.00.
Charge for each thirty gallon bag of garbage is $4.00
Garbage bag tickets available in denominations of :
- five bags $20, ten bags $40, twenty bags $80.
Bag tickets are available in person or by mail. Please send check made payable to Town Clerk and indicate permit number. The card will be mailed.
Please see Transfer Station for additional disposal fees and services. Click here for more information.
Issued on a temporary or permanent basis to the individual. Application form or letter must be completed and signed by a doctor. Blank application forms are available here. There is no fee.
The Town Clerk offers her services as Notary Public. Please bring photo identification and sign the paper(s) to be notarized in front of the notary.
Custodian of all Town records. Administrator of the Freedom of Information Law that guarantees the public’s right to know the workings of government. Town Clerk records minutes of all Town Board meetings. The resulting volumes are retained permanently for legal and historic purposes. The approved minutes of the Town Board, Planning Board, and Zoning Board of Appeals meetings are available. Department Head Reports are on file in the Town Clerk’s Office.
Coordinates pick up of voting supplies from the Ulster County Board of Election.Reponsible for filing of boundaries for election districts. Source for voter registration forms and absentee ballot applications.