The 4th quarter of 2022 began with a Block Party hosted by the Highland Business Association on October 15th. We saw many familiar faces and this Block Party was a huge success. Kudos to the HBA for coordinating this wonderful event.
On October 29th the Town hosted the spooktacular Halloween in the Hamlet! Thanks once again to the Town of Lloyd Events Committee for their hard work and efforts to pull this off. Our Events Committee also sponsored the Light Up the Hamlet night on December 9th. The town was decked out for the holidays and looked great.
Many thanks to our Volunteers from the Town of Lloyd Beautification Committee and local businesses, along with the Town Police Department for blocking off the road and patrolling these events. A special big shout out to the Highland Fire District for making sure Santa Claus made it down to the Hamlet to kick off the lighting of the tree.
Now as we move into the Winter, our Road and Highway crews will work to keep our roadways safe and clean.
Key activity started or completed in the 4th quarter of 2022.
- The Town Board passed the Short-Term Rental (AirBnB, etc.) Law which requires a Special Use Permit Application to operate within the Town.
- Installation of the new Street Lights at Bridgeview completed
- Replaced damaged Street lights in the hamlet
- Installed winter banners along Route 9W
- Updated road signs on Willow Dock Road to help with safety concerns
- Completed first pass of Design on the proposed Pavilion for the Town field and sent it for bids.
- Kicked off Comprehensive Plan Committee, currently working on Visioning phase and will start public involvement in January with Surveys and public meetings.
- Received Smart Growth Comprehensive Grant for $41,090 to pay for the remaining Comp Plan update work.
- Agreement completed with United Methodist Church on Right of Way into Town Parking Lot.
- Approved Budget for 2023, remained under the tax cap.
- Completed and agreed to a 3-year contract for CSEA employees that runs through 2025
- Agreed to contract with Mobile Life for Ambulance Service in our town for 2023 with 2 option years.
- Progress made on Tillson/Toc intersection, walls and drainage structures placed. Will pick up work in the Spring of 2023.