General Information

See bottom of page for forms.

Vital Records:

The Town of Lloyd (Hamlet of Highland) houses birth, marriage, and death records dating back to 1847.  Birth and death records are only on file for those who were born or who died in the Town of Lloyd (Hamlet of Highland).  Marriage records are on file if the couple obtained their license in the Town of Lloyd (Hamlet of Highland).

*No Vital Record information will be given over the phone for any reason*

Birth Certificates

Certified birth transcripts are only available to the individual or parent of the individual who was physically born in the Town of Lloyd. Certified copies can be obtained from the Town Clerk's Office for $10.00 each.  Please fill out an Application for Birth Record and call the office for additional instructions. Link is at the bottom of this page.

Death Certificates

Certified death transcripts are only available to the spouse, parent, child or sibling of the individual who passed away in the Town of Lloyd.  Certified copies can be obtained from the Town Clerk's Office for $10.00 each.  Please fill out an Application for Death Record and call the office for additional instructions. Link is at the bottom of this page.

Marriage Certificates
Certified marriage certificates are only available to either spouse named on the marriage record.  Certified copies can be obtained from the Town Clerk's Office for $10.00 each.  Please fill out an Application for Marriage Record and call the office for additional instructions.  Link is at the bottom of this page.

        Property Taxes:

County/Town taxes are collected from January 1st through June 1st of each year. Taxes are penalty free through January 31st. An additional 1% penalty is added each month on the unpaid tax bill after January 31st . These taxes may be mailed, dropped in our mail slot,  paid at this office or online at / Town Clerk.

After June 1st, all unpaid taxes are returned to the Ulster County Treasurer (845.340.3431) and thereafter must be paid to the Treasurer.

School Taxes:

The Town Clerk's office is NOT the School Tax Collector, School Taxes are collected by the School District in which the property is located. School Tax bills come out on September 1st and payable without interest until September 30th.  October there will be a 2% penalty charge added.  Any bills that remain unpaid as of November 1st will be re-levied to the Town/County Land tax bill.  Payment information is located on the back of the school tax bill.

School tax can be paid on line at or by mail to the following address: School Tax Collector, P.O. Box 1570, Buffalo, N.Y. 14240-1570. 

         Water and Sewer Rents:

Water and Sewer Rent payments may be made at the Town Clerk’s Office during regular office hours, on-line or mailed to the office. These bills are mailed quarterly. Unpaid water and sewer bills are re-levied on or about November 1st onto the January County and Town Tax bill.



  1. Wedding Couple must apply together in person.
  2.  Photo ID is required (driver’s license, passport or other ID card).
  3.  Social Security number.
  4.  Bring birth certificates.
  5.  If divorced, the signed divorce decree must be shown to the Town Clerk. The dates and location where filed of any additional divorces must be listed.
  6. If widowed, the death certificate is required.
  7. Marriage license becomes valid after 24 hours. It must be used within 60 days.
  8. The license may only be used for New York State ceremonies.

The license fee is $40.00 cash, check or credit card (please see credit card guidelines)

Please call in advance 845-691-2144 opt 2 to schedule appointment.


Get Your Sporting Licenses or Register for Marine Fishing at the Clerk's Office between 8:00 AM and 3:30 PM

Online and Phone Sporting Licenses Issuing System:

Buy your sporting license online here

By Phone: 1-866-933-2257 


All hunting and fishing licenses are issued through the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation computer program.

To receive a license you must have
  1. A photo ID (driver’s license, passport or other ID card).
  2. Proof of completion of a Hunter Safety Training course or previous license to obtain a hunting license.
  3. A previously issued hunting license will also provide identification numbers.

The license fees vary. Please see the DEC website for more information.

Dog Licenses:

All dogs residing in New York State must be licensed. A license tag will be furnished and must be worn by the dog at all times.

A new dog license requires a rabies certificate and proof of spaying or neutering if applicable.

A dog license is valid for one year from the date of issuance. The Town Clerk's Office will automatically send a renewal form. The license may be renewed by mail or in person at this office with payment and proof of current rabies inoculation.

  • Neutered or spayed dogs $5.00
  • Unneutered or unspayed dogs $ 12.00
  • Replacement tags $5.00

Rabies Clinics are available; please contact this office for dates, locations and fees. Leash laws and pooper-scooper laws are in effect and enforced in the Town of Lloyd.

Games of Chance/Bingo:

Games of Chance identification number must be obtained from the Department of Racing and Wagering.

Licenses for Bingo, Bell Jar and Games of Chance are issued from this office.


Transfer Station:

Permits are valid April 1 - March 31 each year

Permits are on sale as of March 1st each year at the Town Clerk’s Office during regular business hours and by mail. Name, address, vehicle make and license plate number and proof of residency are required.

  • Residence fee: $50.00 effective 03/01/2024
  • Residents over (62) sixty two years of age fee: $25.00.

Charge for each thirty gallon bag of garbage is $5.00 effective 4/1/2021

Charge for each kitchen size bag of garbage is $3.00 effective 4/1/2021

Garbage bag tickets  available in denominations of : 

  • five bags $25, ten bags $50, twenty bags $100.

Bag tickets are available in person or by mail. Please send check made payable to Town Clerk and indicate permit number. The card will be mailed.

Please see Transfer Station for additional disposal fees and services. Click here for more information.           

Handicapped Parking:

Issued on a temporary or permanent basis to the individual. Application form or letter must be completed and signed by a doctor. Blank application forms are available here. There is no fee.

Notary Public:

The Town Clerk Office has 3 Clerks who offer their services as Notary Public. Please bring photo identification and sign the paper(s) to be notarized in front of the notary.

Record Management:

Custodian of all Town records. Administrator of the Freedom of Information Law that guarantees the public’s right to know the workings of government. Town Clerk records minutes of all Town Board meetings. The resulting volumes are retained permanently for legal and historic purposes. The approved minutes of the Town Board, Planning Board, and Zoning Board of Appeals meetings are available. Department Head Reports are on file in the Town Clerk’s Office.

FOIL Requests:

         Requests for records can be made in person at the Town Clerk's office or by email. Complete the form at the bottom of this page and email to


Coordinates pick up of voting supplies from the Ulster County Board of Election. Source for voter registration forms and absentee ballot applications.